WE PAY SHIPPING ON WORLDWIDE ORDERS OVER £50.00
0800 011 4133

THE TRUTH ABOUT TRUE COLLOIDAL SILVER

THE TRUTH ABOUT TRUE COLLOIDAL SILVER

 

In recent time, there has been so much information, and regrettably misinformation, on colloidal silver. The market has been flooded with ionic silver claiming to be colloidal silver. In an attempt to confuse the buyer, companies that sell ionic silver claim that their product is "true colloidal silver."

Silver solutions have a slight yellow tint and usually are clear like water. These products are clear because the appearance of silver that is dissolved in water looks just like salt or sugar that is dissolved in water. It is invisible in appearance. Ionic silver producers solutions suggest that colloidal silver looks like clear water, but this is incorrect. True colloidal silver comprises of nanoparticles of silver suspended in a pure liquid solution. More than fifty percent of the silver must be these silver particles. Having these nanoparticles rises the surface area of the silver present and promotes effectiveness.

True Colloidal Silver

Fig 1: True Colloidal Silver has a slight yellow tint is usually clear like water
 
Ionic Silver
Fig 2: Ionic Silver is clear and looks identical to water
 

Why You Should Only Use a True Colloidal Silver.

A mutual concern with colloidal silver is the possibility of developing argyria. (This is a rare condition in which silver exposure causes skin patches to turn blue). A considerable percentage of cases of argyria is caused by people ingesting enormous quantities of ionic silver and not true colloidal silver over a period of years. If you take the recommended doses of true colloidal silver, professionally produced by a reputable company like ours, the risk is virtually zero.

How to tell if a product is a mostly Ionic Silver

Furthermore, many producers of ionic silver recommend that the product must be stored only in glass containers. Some even specify cobalt glass bottles or only amber because their products are photosensitive and deteriorate when exposed to light. True colloidal silver does not have these issues.

Facts About Colloidal Silver

True colloidal silver is the least prevalent type of colloidal silver on the market due to the high cost of production and a resulting high degree of manufacturing complexity. In true colloidal silver, the bulk of the silver content is in the form of silver particles. True colloidal silver will usually contain more than 50% particles (often 50 – 80%), while the remaining balance (20% to 49%) will be silver ions. When referring to colloidal silver, the word colloid means silver particles.

The two serious factors to look for in determining true colloids are the percentage of silver particles and the particle surface area.   Of all the types of silver marketed as colloidal, true colloidal silver products have the highest particle surface area. High particle surface area is achieved by a high percentage of silver particles combined with tiny sized particles. Of the three types of silver on the market, true silver colloids have the highest particle surface area relative to the total silver content. The ratio of particle surface area to total silver content indicates how efficiently the colloid can produce particle surface area which determines effectiveness. Higher conversion efficiencies are more desirable.

The nanometer-sized particles in true silver colloids remain in colloidal suspension without requiring protein or other additives. It is the mutual repulsion of the particles created by the zeta potential charge that keeps the particles uniformly distributed in the colloid.

 

IN CONCLUSION

Remember, if the product is clear, be rest assured it’s ionic silver and not a true colloidal silver. Colloidal particles, when present in an adequate concentration, absorb visible light causing the colloid to exhibit an "apparent colour". The apparent color is the complement of the absorbed wavelength. Silver ions do not absorb visible light and therefore appear as clear colourless liquids. Do not be fooled.

References:

https://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/6-facts-colloidal-silver-beginners/

https://www.quantumbalancing.com/real_facts_on_colloidal_silver.htm

https://sovereignsilver.com/myths-about-silver/

http://naturalsociety.com/colloidal-silver-health-benefits-truth/


Older Post Newer Post